Caresia Below Knee Liners make multi-layer bandaging a breeze.
Caresia bandage liners replace stockinet and multiple layers of padding and foam, making the bandaging process much simpler and faster. The foam chips in Caresia stimulates the tissue, encouraging re-absorption of interstitial fluids to reduce swelling. These specialized garments are designed for the active phase of therapy and are manufactured with the same technology as Solaris’ custom Tribute garments to maximize therapeutic results. Patients simply slip on the Caresia liner then wrap the recommended series of bandage layers on top.
- Foam liners are excellent methods of softening hardened skin, fibrosis
- Simple slip on design
- Stimulates lymphatic flow for volume reduction by the specially designed relief channels.
- Decreases bandages slippage
- Eliminates creases
- Works with the outer compression short stretch bandage system to reduce leg volume
- Greatly reduces bandaging time
- Padding for bony parts, and fills in concave spaces, compensating for anatomical differences without impairing gradient compression.
How it works
- The foam liner gently expands against the skin when applied to a limb under compression (short stretch bandages, Velcro wraps or Oversleeves)
- Foam chips in Caresia Bandage Liners create localized tissue pressure to stimulate normal interstitial (inside tissue and cells) fluid movement into the lymphatic system for facilitate drainage back to the heart.
- Caresia Bandage Liners are flexible which also creates gentle localized tissue stretch which helps to open stagnant lymphatic drainage channels
- Soft Stretch material
- Available in 3 lengths
- Washable and reusable
How to use under short stretch bandage
- Simply slide on the Caresia liner
- Apply compression over the liner by one of the methods below
- short stretch bandages in either a spiral or figure-eight style wrapping style with 50% overlap. Bandages should be snug
- OverSleeve (BiaCare) providing minor compression
- Adjustable Velcro wraps such as Ready Wrap, BiaCare, Farrow or Juzo Wraps
- Lymphedema or other forms of edema
- Arterial insufficiency or degeneration
- Untreated Congestive Heart Failure
- Localized or systemic infection
- Absent or severely impaired sensation
- Meryl, Lycra, Polyurethane
- Caresia garments can be machine washed and dried. Do not use additives like bleach or fabric softener
- In an effort to keep prices low, Solaris does not warrant Caresia products
To size the Caresia Below Knee Liner
- Measure the circumference of the ankle
- Measure circumference of calf
- Measure length of lower leg from floor to bend of knee. Tape should be snug, bug not constricting.
If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size to accommodate a reduction in swelling.
Made in USA
Other Careisa Bandage Liners Available: Arm, Glove, Gauntlet, Foot, Thigh